Truck Accident Injuries
Weighing over 40,000 pounds, commercial trucks can smash into a smaller motor vehicle and lead to life-altering injuries, such as:
- Amputations. Limbs can be crushed or completely torn off during an accident.
- Nerve damage. Nerve damage can leave victims in chronic pain for the rest of their lives. When nerves die, a person will lose sensation in the affected body part.
- Burns. If the commercial truck is carrying flammable or corrosive material, then a motorist or bystander could become severely burned if the liquid ignites or spills out. Bad burns leave permanent scars on the body, which can cause severe emotional distress.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Any hard blow to the head can dramatically change brain chemistry and how the brain works. After a TBI, many people have difficulty speaking, walking, sleeping, thinking, and remembering as they once did. A serious TBI might also cause bleeding or blood clots in the brain, which will require surgery.
- Spinal cord injuries. The spinal cord connects the brain to distant parts of the body, sending signals back and forth. Any injury to the spinal cord can impair a person’s ability to move or feel sensations. Though some people can partially recover from a spinal cord injury, others are permanently impaired.
Other motorists will suffer milder, though still serious injuries like broken bones, cuts, abrasions, and dislocated joints. But others will die.According to statistics, over 4,000 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal crashes in 2016.
Get Help from a Truck Accident Attorney in Newton County
After a truck accident, you should not delay getting the help you need. Immediate medical intervention is critical to your ability to recover. But legal help is just as important. AtMG Law, we represent clients who have suffered serious losses because of a trucking company’s negligence, and we know how to bring these cases the correct way.
Contact us today. You can call 678-210-6690 or send us anonline message. One of our Newton County truck accident lawyers will be happy to meet with you to discuss your case. You pay nothing until we win.
Other Newton County Practice Areas
Personal Injury | Auto Accidents | DUI Accidents | Premises Liability | Bicycle Accidents | Pedestrian Accidents | Wrongful Death | Motorcycle Accidents | Truck Accidents | Workplace Injuries | Mass Torts | Child Injuries | Nursing Home Neglect | Pharmaceutical Injury | Environmental Law & Toxic Torts | Crosswalk Accident | Slip & Fall Accident