Michael Geoffroy’s law practice focuses on auto collisions, premises liability, wrongful death, and catastrophic injury, and he stands up for the cause of justice throughout Georgia and on behalf of his clients every day. He is a leader in both the courtroom and the community, having been recognized numerous times for his involvement in each. Michael has been recognized for representing his clients many times, being named Top 40 Under 40, Legal Elite, and Rising Star, as well as holding a 10.0 rating on Avvo. Michael was recognized by the Georgia Pro Bono Project as Lawyer of the Month in April, 2012 for his efforts representing Georgia’s poor and disenfranchised. Michael has also held many leadership positions in Georgia’s legal community, including serving as president of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia.
Michael is a proud member of the Covington community and has served on the Main Street board, Arts Association board, the Newton County Planning and Zoning board, and the Covington YMCA Board. In 2013 he was also invited to participate in Leadership Georgia, where he met other young business, civic and community leaders with a desire to work towards a better Georgia.
Michael was raised in Rockdale County and graduated from George Walton Academy in Monroe. He went on to attend the University of Florida on an academic scholarship. Upon graduation, he attended the University of Georgia Law School, and has been practicing law for since 2001. Michael is married to Tara McFarland Geoffroy and has three children – Mac, Hudson and Alice. He attends church with his family at Church of the Good Shepherd.
Awards and Recognition
- Award of Outstanding Service from the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia, 2006
- Graduate of State Bar of Georgia YLD Leadership Academy, 2007
- Outstanding Public Service for Pro Bono Representation, 2009
- 10.0 Rating on Avvo.com, the highest rating for an attorney, 2009-2011
- Recognized by the Supreme Court of Georgia for Mentoring, 2010
- “Rising Star” by Superlawyers and Atlanta Magazine, 2011, 2013, 2014
- “Legal Elite” by GeorgiaTrend, 2010, 2012
- “Top 40 Under 40” by National Trial Lawyers for 2013
- Georgia Pro Bono Project Lawyer of the Month April, 2012
- Fellow, Georgia Bar Foundation 2009-Present, Fellowship Restricted to top 4% of Georgia Attorneys
- “Best Lawyers” by Best Lawyers in America 2020
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Champion, 2020