Drunk Driving in Covington
Despite an extensive media campaign to raise awareness about drunk driving, impaired drivers continue to cause untold damage on Georgia’s roads. According to theGeorgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, 368 people were killed in 2016 in drunk driving accidents, and about another 10,500 were injured. If you were struck by a drunk driver, you might be entitled to compensation. But you will need an experienced Covington drunk driving accident lawyer to help.
Compensation You Can Receive
In a car accident lawsuit, our clients have received money to help cover their losses, such as:
- Medical expenses, including surgery, overnights at the hospital, and doctor visits;
- Prescription drugs;
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs;
- Future medical care, if you will need continuing treatment or assistance in the future;
- Lost wages, if you can’t work while you recover;
- Lost future earnings, if your injuries are so serious that you cannot return to work;
- Damage to your vehicle; and
- Pain and suffering.
You might also qualify for punitive damages. These damages are meant to punish the defendant and deter other people from drinking and driving. Punitive damages are awarded when the defendant’s conduct is particularly bad or blameworthy, and drunk driving could certainly qualify.
Other Covington Practice Areas
Personal Injury | Auto Accidents | DUI Accidents | Premises Liability | Bicycle Accidents | Pedestrian Accidents | Wrongful Death | Motorcycle Accidents | Truck Accidents | Workplace Injuries | Mass Torts | Child Injuries | Nursing Home Neglect | Pharmaceutical Injury | Environmental Law & Toxic Torts | Crosswalk Accident | Slip & Fall Accident