Compensation You Can Receive
In a car accident lawsuit, our clients have received money to help cover their losses, such as:
- Medical expenses, including surgery, overnights at the hospital, and doctor visits;
- Prescription drugs;
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs;
- Future medical care, if you will need continuing treatment or assistance in the future;
- Lost wages, if you can’t work while you recover;
- Lost future earnings, if your injuries are so serious that you cannot return to work;
- Damage to your vehicle; and
- Pain and suffering.
You might also qualify for punitive damages. These damages are meant to punish the defendant and deter other people from drinking and driving. Punitive damages are awarded when the defendant’s conduct is particularly bad or blameworthy, and drunk driving could certainly qualify.