Different Types of Newton County Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury law includes many different types of cases. In general, personal injury law is an area of the law that is designed to allow an injury victim to file a civil lawsuit in order to seek damages for her injuries. Since accidents and injuries occur in so many different ways and in such distinct settings, personal injury cases also vary greatly. The dedicated advocates at MG Law handle many different types of personal injury cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Motor vehicle collisions, including car crashes, trucking collisions, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, cases involving uninsured motorists, and accidents caused by drunk drivers;
- Premises liability lawsuits, including slip and fall accidents and negligent security claims;
- Accidents and injuries in the workplace, including traumatic accidents at construction sites and repetitive motion injuries;
- Medical negligence claims, including medical mistakes, surgical errors, and other types of claims that can give rise to a medical malpractice lawsuit;
- Professional malpractice claims more generally, including medical malpractice, dental malpractice, and legal malpractice;
- Product liability cases;
- Animal attacks and dog bite injuries; and
- Wrongful death claims.
It is important for injury victims and their families to know that there is a time limit when it comes to filing a claim. Under Georgia law (O.C.G.A. § 9-3-33), this is known as the statute of limitations, and it is two years for most types of personal injury claims. What does this mean in terms of the timetable of your lawsuit? Your claim does not have to be completed within two years from the date of the accident or injury, but it does need to be filed within two years from the date that you got hurt. For example, if you were injured in a motor vehicle collision on April 30, 2018, you must file your lawsuit within two years from that date or else you can lose your right to seek compensation.
You should keep in mind that the sooner you get started on your case with the help of a Newton County personal injury lawyer, the quicker you can be eligible to receive compensation. If you or someone in your family sustained significant injuries, an advocate at MG Law can help.
Request a Free Consultation with a Newton County Injury Attorney
Were you recently injured in Newton County? Was someone you love hurt or killed in a preventable accident in the Newton County area? You may be eligible to file a claim for financial compensation. While it can be difficult to consider a lawsuit when you are facing physical and emotional pain, you should not have to deal with the financial consequences of another party’s bad actions or poor choices. A Newton County personal injury attorney at our firm can help you to hold the liable party responsible. For a free consultation, contact MG law online or give us a call at 678-210-6690.
Other Newton County Practice Areas
Personal Injury | Auto Accidents | DUI Accidents | Premises Liability | Bicycle Accidents | Pedestrian Accidents | Wrongful Death | Motorcycle Accidents | Truck Accidents | Workplace Injuries | Mass Torts | Child Injuries | Nursing Home Neglect | Pharmaceutical Injury | Environmental Law & Toxic Torts | Crosswalk Accident | Slip & Fall Accident