Atlanta Tractor-Trailer Accident Attorney
Tractor-trailers rule the road. These large commercial vehicles carry goods around the state of Georgia and to distant points in North America. Unfortunately, these vehicles are so large and difficult to maneuver that they can cause devastating injuries when they crash into pedestrians or smaller, lighter passenger vehicles. Each year, hundreds of people are seriously injured in a collision with these “big rigs,” and some even die.
At MG Law our tractor-trailer accident lawyers in Atlanta have brought many claims for compensation. We know this area of law inside and out, and we can put our knowledge to work for your benefit. Please contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Tractor Trailer Accidents Occur
In rare instances, the driver of a small vehicle might cut in front of the tractor-trailer and cause a crash. However, in many more cases, the truck driver is to blame for the accident because he was negligent or reckless in how he operated his rig.
At our firm, we have seen the following causes:
- Distracted driving. Truck drivers cannot use a hand-held cell phone while driving, but many do, nonetheless. Drivers can also become distracted by eating, talking to passengers, or simply spacing out.
- Driver fatigue. Long-haul drivers are on the road for a long period of time and can easily fall asleep behind the wheel. Rampant use of stimulants only masks the symptoms of fatigue, such as delayed reaction times and poor judgment. Although federal “hours of service” regulations limit the amount of time a trucker can drive, many truckers violate these rules.
- Drug or alcohol use. An impaired driver is at risk of falling asleep and making critical errors. Even over the counter or prescription drugs can impair a driver.
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions. When a vehicle is going too fast, it takes longer to come to a stop. Many truckers rear-end smaller cars because they cannot stop in time.
- Improper loading of cargo. Unbalanced loads can make a tractor-trailer unstable, leading to rollovers.
- Operator error. Some truckers become confused about where to go, especially when driving in a city like Atlanta.
Regardless of how the accident unfolded, injured victims should quickly speak to an accident attorney in Atlanta. Our firm will swing into action to obtain the evidence necessary to press your claim for compensation.
Who Our Clients Can Sue
We have experience suing any person or entity who contributed to the crash. These people can include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company that employs the driver
- The company that loaded the cargo
- The truck manufacturer, if a defect made the truck unsafe
Identifying the correct party to sue is confusing. Many victims are suffering from horrifying injuries that require all of their attention. They might spend all their time scheduling surgery or rehabilitation and struggle with emotional distress.
Our Atlanta tractor-trailer lawyers are skilled at reviewing the facts and choosing the correct parties to sue. In this way, we can increase the chances of our clients receiving the maximum compensation allowed under the law.
Hire An Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
The simple fact is that tractor-trailer accidents are not like regular car crashes. An injured victim needs an attorney who knows how to build up a case the proper way, otherwise the odds of a fair settlement decrease.
At MG Law, our team has the experience to fully collect all helpful evidence. For example, many tractor-trailers have electronic monitoring systems that record key information continually. This information might show the trucker made an error in judgment or was driving too long. Our lawyers will quickly move to preserve this evidence before the trucking company has a chance to erase it.
We can also search for eyewitnesses or surveillance video that might have captured the crash. Atlanta is teeming with businesses that have security cameras pointed toward the road. These cameras might have recorded the incident, which is highly persuasive.
Ultimately, our attorneys have a single goal: to show that the truck driver or trucking company is to blame for your injuries. You can expect trucking companies to point the finger at you, the victim, and hold you partially or fully responsible for the wreck.
Speak With An Atlanta Tractor Trailer Accident Attorney Today
Immediately after an accident, the trucking company will have an investigator at the scene collecting evidence to use. An injured victim is at a decided disadvantage if he or she does not have an advocate as well.
Contact MG Law today. Our Atlanta truck wreck lawyers will meet for a free consultation where we can review what happened, how badly you are injured, and your chances of legal success. Call us or send an online message.
Our experienced attorneys also handle other type of trucks accidents including: